- Cancer detection down
- Child and spousal abuse increased
- Cardiovascular disease on the rise
- Substance abuse increasing
- Education performance declining and truancy increasing
- Layoffs in all sectors of the economy
All of these are disproportionately impacting the most socioeconomically disadvantaged groups, but the impact is not isolated there. Once COVID passes, be it by vaccine, natural burnout, or simply boredom of the masses, these second-order effects are going to become more pronounced and unignorable.
What will be the next wave of “corrective policy” that will come into place to “fix” the damage done by lockdowns?